Translate

Search This Blog

Featured Post

A Testimony and witness of the Power, Love of the Lord

A Testimony and witness of the Power, Love of the Lord The Lord has blessed me with many things and even what seem small should be recogniz...

Direction In Prayer Child and Mom

 A child can when you are a Christian cause change even in how you as a mom pray during stressful times not getting along in a marriage.  This not only changed how I prayed but a time of giving instruction to my son.  I am guessing he was about 10.  As I said there was a lot of arguing within the marriage and I would finally separate myself and go outside and sit.  A cooling off period.

On one occasion my youngest son came outside where I was and told me he couldn't stand his dad and I arguing.  So I said to him teaching him to intercede for his parents.  I said when you hear something, then pray for your mom and dad that God would bring peace and quiet to the home and to them.  So he said he would.  

Well still not settled the next day again arguing and I separated myself outside which really doesn't settle anything it just stops arguing for a time is all.  Here comes my son outside all excited he had done what I said and God made it quiet and peaceful instantly.  Very excited his prayer was heard.

I don't even remember what it was about, but it was something neither one of us wanted to budge on.  So I complained to the Lord quoting Him peace scripture and also the scripture about his yoke easy and burden light.  I was then led to pray that God change someones heart, if I was wrong change my heart was my request, and if my husband was wrong change his heart so that we walk in agreement and have peace.  I don't remember who's heart changed, I think that particular time it was his.  I learned to pray that prayer first thing then whenever we were in total disagreement on things.  I know my heart was changed too many times.  

We have to be willing for our hearts to change also.  If we only think we are correct there will always be strife.  I learned too, to include myself for a change in heart.  We didn't argue about that grave of items, so it was never anything that either one of us could change and be ok with.  God can change hearts and I would use this at times I felt it was needed.

So not only was it a time to instruct and teach a child but it was also a growing time for myself in prayer.  I would also ask the Lord to give my husband wisdom, was also part of the prayer.  We lived more at peace in the house more continually. It is always a wonder and awe to me when the Lord shows up with direction.